Introduction: Why you should Hire Remote Developers?
For startups and small businesses, hiring remote developers can be a great decision. A remote developer is someone who specializes in software development and has the technical skills to create these solutions. So, hiring remote developers is important here! Core Scale has released an updated guide on how to hire remote developers and augment your team based on your business requirements. Continue reading this blog to find more useful insights right away!
For a startup that is just starting out or a small business with limited resources, going into the market for a skilled developer may not be practical. Instead, these companies can find a remote developer who has the skills to build their application and software from anywhere in the world.
Remote development is an affordable option for smaller companies looking to start up or grow their business because it allows them to hire developers without having to spend time looking for office space near them.
Usually, small businesses and enterprise companies also choose to augment their staff by hiring on-demand developers from a company like Core-Scale. This saves them time and resources used to source, interview, and onboard a remote developer and also saves a lot of costs on employee retention as it allows them to up-scale and down-scale whenever they want.
Benefits of hiring remote developers
Hiring remote programmers gives you the ability to not only search for candidates in your area, but also from different countries that may have access to better talent. This means you don’t have to pay a premium for a developer in a certain location and can instead offset your costs by choosing a candidate with a lower hourly rate. It also means that if you need skilled, proficient, or seasoned employees all you need to do is create an account on Core Scale to get the following benefits:
- Expand market reach: Collaborating with web or mobile app developers from different parts of the world gives you a chance to stretch your market reach. Your remote team works like unpaid brand ambassadors that can advocate your product to potential consumers in their own region.
- Positive Workplace Habits: In remote teams, people are encouraged to be self-motivated and can think of new ways to improve the business. Written communications also encourage everyone to work more effectively and mindfully, making any changes necessary.
- Improve Productivity: In-house teams are often kept on-site and monitored to maximize productivity. In contrast, remote development teams tend to be more productive. Many companies have realized this, so they have either extended working from home for a significant period or indefinitely.
- Save on operation and retention costs: Say no to rent, electricity bills, office management strategies, and additional workplace benefits! Remote developers allow you to save money on all these things while still retaining a team of your choosing. Speaking entrepreneurially saves you a lot of investment; you were splurging on decorating the office otherwise.
How Core-Scale assists you to hire remote developers in just 5 steps:
- Before you start to hire remote developers, be sure of your business requirements and demands.
- After confirming your business requirements, choose a staff augmentation service to find best remote developers for your remote team.
- Core Scale offers the best guidance and opportunities based on your business expectations and the available opportunities.
- So, while you screen candidates, make sure to check whether the candidate profile is satisfying you in all the skills that you’re looking for.
- Upon the final selection of candidates, you can go ahead with your onboarding process and scale your team.
How to conduct Interview for Remote Developers
Finding the right person for the job is an important responsibility as this person will be working remotely from your team. This can be challenging to do if you don’t know what to look for and where to find it.
To make it easier, we have provided a list of things that you should keep in mind when conducting an interview:
- You should first have a detailed employee persona describing accurate technical, cultural, and other requirements that would make a candidate the best-suited developer for your requirement
- You can then put out the job listing on portals or choose an easier way to directly augment an expert developer from a staff augmentation service company like Core-Scale.
- Once you have a list of resumes to choose from you need to consider factors like level of proficiency in a particular development language, familiarity with tools, and basic understanding of the whole technical knowledge of the candidate
- You may also want to have a practice interview session with the candidate to verify the knowledge and skills
- Once done, you are ready to scale your technical development team with the best-remoted developer that you have found or augmented from a pre-vetted set of developers
Conclusion: Hiring and Managing a Remote Development Team
Avoid the Pitfalls
Hiring and managing a remote development team is often more difficult than hiring and managing traditional teams. Remote teams are at a disadvantage because the communication is not face-to-face, there is no physical space for the team to work, and there are challenges with time zones.
Issues arise when team members are not able to collaborate effectively due to lack of communication, lack of trust, and difficulties with conflict resolution.
To successfully hire and manage a remote team, avoid these pitfalls
- Always verify the skills and knowledge of the candidates
- Always consider the hours of their working that the candidate is willing to put in
- Consider your time zone and the candidate’s time zone. Make sure that the employee is willing to work in your time zone so it’s easier to manage the work and implement updates ASAP
- Ensure the communication skills of the chosen candidate are up to the mark and your expectations
- Do not compromise on the costs or on the skill level. You want the best in the industry that comes with the best costs.
This is an important topic for anyone who is looking to hire a developer and not just for those who want to staff up their development team.
Remote developers can be more of an asset than they might appear.
They don’t require relocation and the right combination of skill sets, education, and personality traits can make remote developers as productive as on-site employees.